Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Trip to Driggs!!

Woohoo! I spent the weekend in Driggs (land of my birth - haha). Didn't do much (I'm kinda in that mode lately). We went up to watch Marissa (Jim's daughter) and Hannah's (Wayne's daughter) dance recital. They were so cute, it was worth the trip to see those two talented little gals. Then on Sunday was Nathan's (Wayne's son) seminary graduation. He seems to be pretty happy to be a graduate - imagine that!

I saw a few 'old' friends. Old meaning friends from along time ago, not old as in age - haha! Cari Egbert (yikes - I don't know her married name), Terri and Brad Nelson, Bruce Bagley, Cub and Kristen Coburn, Kerry Buxton, David Breckenridge. I saw a few others that I didn't get to talk to, such as Rex Jardine (I run into him now and them at football games), Leland and Anita Christensen, his sister Janelle, Ronnie and Michelle Berry (bishop :), and of course Zane Calderwood was conducting the graduation. Plus lots of parents of friends, etc. That is always the fun thing about going 'home' is seeing people who influenced who you became.

The weather was gorgeous. I actually almost sunburned myself sitting outside finishing my book. Don't anyone fall off their chairs, but I've actually read two books of late. Yikes! - that's quite a change for me. Of course Mom and Dad cooked us a fantastic dutch oven chicken meal. Next trip to Driggs will be for my high school reunion. I would tell you what year, but I'm having a hard time dealing with it myself. Lol!

1 comment:

Moberg Family said...

Hey there girl!
I am glad to hear that you are coming to the Reunion!! It will be great to see you. And I know what you mean about how many years it will be!! I can't believe that it has been that long since we were in High School~ Alot has happened since then, besides us both being Grandmas!! That trip you took with your daughter looked like so much fun! Good for you!