Saturday, June 14, 2008

Sleepover!



Teegun and Trey stayed overnight at Grandma's so their mom could go on a girl's outing to Park City. Boy did we have fun! Thanks to Riley for all her help!


I was trying to show them how have a dinosaur nose, but wait! Riley made me a rhinocerus. The boys wouldn't even consider it. They think Grandma is silly.

After we went to Kung Fu Panda, Grandma made rainbow sherbet frappe's for treats. We each picked ours up and marched to the front door to sit outside and eat them. As soon as we stepped outside, Teeg lost hold of his and it spilled, SPLASH!, right on the front step. So Grandma gave him hers and went and fixed her a new one. She came back out and sat down by them on the step and BAM! Trey's drink fell right to the ground. So Grandma gave him hers and went and made her a new one (again). Finally we all sat down on the steps to eat our frappe'. Just before Grandma finished hers, what do you think happened? SWOOSH! Grandma drops her frappe' and it spills all over her and the ground. Hahaha!

Breakfast on the deck. Teegun DOES like pancakes. Trey only likes sausage. Even Riley got up early to join in on the fun!~ These boys love her!

We spent most of the day at the pool in Brigham. Of course we would have no pictures of that :) They didn't want to leave, even after 4 hours. We did pretty good keeping them sunscreened except guess what - the top of Gunner's feet. Oh ouch! Sorry buddy! Trey, the funny kid - I put his muscle floaties on and turned around to get ready to take him in. But too late! He just went and jumped in. Problem being that we were down by the basketball hoops, way over his head. I don't know what he was thinking, but luckily Riley was right there. It took him about an hour to recover and quit shivering, but after that they just couldn't get enough. Tegunn is a wild man and Trey loves running and jumping. We all had tons-o-fun in the sun!

FUNNY THINGS THEY SAID:

Gunner: Gramma, leave it whole. I am almost six years old and I am big enough to use a knife!

Trey: I played that at my house.

Trey (later): I ate that at my house.

Trey (next day): I watched that show at my house. (evidently, he does EVERYTHING at his house)

The boys were so good. Tegunn was a good big brother and made some 'good choices' to make his brother happy. We all survived and are looking forward to the next time we get to spend the night together!

4 comments:

tOyn fAmiLy said...

That is all so cute! You are such a great grandma and know how to make memories that will last forever!! love you

Jessie said...

Momma Linda, you sound like an awesome grandma!! I know you are an awesome camp mom, so of course I am not surprised that you are such an awesome grandma. I really miss living a couple blocks away, that was an awesome neighborhood.
Jessica H.

Anonymous said...

mom!!!!! i just realized you spelled Tees name wrong almost every time. momma! are you turning into your mom? lol

Torri P said...

Linda!!!! I love the blog! I came across your blog....well, it's a long story! I can't beleive how big Riley is! She was a baby when you were my YW's leader! Great fam!!!

Torri (Williams) Phillips