Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Life is Precious!

It is very humbly this morning that I welcome a beautiful new granddaughter into this world. She is perfect and gorgeous and most important, PRECIOUS!! (pictures on Cara's blog)

PRECIOUS is a life rescued by a team of medical professionals who know first hand how quickly one can be lost.

PRECIOUS is a husband, though completely drained emotionally and physically, won't leave his wife's side after nearly losing her from this world.

PRECIOUS is a darling baby who lies so content and sweet until circumstances allow her to rest in the arms of her sweet little momma and know that those arms will never leave her.

PRECIOUS is a doctor who himself knows that its a miracle we're all happy and celebrating the birth of this angel.

PRECIOUS is a daughter who rocks my world!

As I held that little baby for hours while her mom was unable to be with her, I stared at the identification bracelet that allowed me that privilege in the NICU:
1.'TOYN, CARAMIE' it says in bold capital lettering representing the union between my baby daughter and her eternal companion who saved her life with a priesthood blessing, running down the hall to the operating room. How grateful I am for THEM. For their struggle every day to be righteous, loving, productive people, companions and parents. PRECIOUS
2. The next line has the date of admittance and the name of her heroic doctor. Those professionals present thru that trauma remind us of our need for a great surgeon that night and tell us that Dr. Housel IS their best. PRECIOUS
3. The next line says '09/01/83', the day this beautiful Caramie came into this world, was put in MY arms, where I promised her all of my heart. I had no idea that she would become the reason I breathe, the joy of my life, and the reason I thank my Dear Lord for her life in this world this very day! LIFE IS PRECIOUS!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh mom!! I'm sobbing!

That was so stinking scary and I wasn't even there. I'm so glad Cara is ok and that Matt has the priesthood and could give her a blessing. I KNOW that and Dr. Housel are why she is here still.

Can't wait to hold that baby girl.

Tori said...

Linda you made me cry! :) Such a scary experience, I can't even comprehend how that must have been for everyone involved and for your entire family. I'm SO glad everything turned out so well. Can't wait to see pics of that beautiful baby!

B&B Goldsberry said...

Well said, Mom!!
SO grateful for all of the above!!
Beautiful little baby and so glad that we still have Cara with us!

Nicole said...

I just read Caramie's blog. I can't imagine what that day was like, but aren't we glad she didn't deliver in Brigham! Oh, this would have been a very different story indeed. I was so moved by the priesthood blessing and an anesthesiologist who was prepared and worthy to assist a most worthy, scared husband. Prayers of thanks are headed your way!