Friday, January 11, 2013

What's A GiRL to Do?

Do you ever find yourself in a predicament?
Ya - me neither.
Wait - my life IS a predicament!

Like... yesterday when I dropped my carefully counted out nickels for the daily diet dp and a couple rolled way back into outer pergatory under the pop machine. Ya! See? What's a girl to do?  I mean, I had already filled the ole big gulp. In fact a couple. One for me, one for a friend. Then the nickel mishap. Can't really go without at that point.
Thank goodness for friends, right!

I'm off track. Tonight's predicament begins as I find myself the only one left at work on this Friday night. Yeah - I know. It's pathetic. You are all somewhere with your honeys and kiddos and I'm at work. But I'm ok with it. I love W-2s, right? Wait - I'm off track again.

I traveled out into the fine winter storm and succumbered me a mighty fine delectable chicken enchilada from the neighboring Ricardos. Cus it's Friday. And I'm alone. At work. I deserve it, right!!! Enchilada. Chips. Salsa. Fork? Where's the fork? You must be kidding me - no fork?

You see, we are not 'allowed' to EaT in our lovely beautiful large windowed fantabulous office. But due to the fact that the lunch room is 2 floors below in the cold dark dungeon, and oh, did I mention that I am here ALoNe? On a Friday night. At work. On a cold, dark, snowy winter night. So I was sneaking my fabulous enchilada dinner right here at my desk. But no fork.

So I did it. I talked myself into going down to the 2 floors below dungeon kitchen to get me a fork.
I did, I really did talk myself into it.
Until. I. open. the. door. and. the. light. that. was. ON! when. I. came. in. two. minutes. ago. was. now. off.
Off? How does that happen when you're the only one there?
Huh?
How, I ask you?

Done deal. Not going after a fork. Great - 'Now what?' says the molten cheesey enchilada sitting at my desk. Well of course there are no forks in any of our desks, because remember we are not 'allowed' food in our fine habitation. Shiz. I could try eating it like Jada did her cake at the wedding with no hands and just sticking her face in it. Ahhh! There has to be something forklike in here...


So there you have it. One of those plastic file label thingies. Yup - works as a fork. And a knife. 2 enchilada proof. And now I'll end this very poorly sentenced ridiculous blog post. That's what a girl's to do.

PS - Just realized the home teachers were coming tonight. Oops!

No comments: